4742-4748 S. Drexel Blvd. is a 43-unit courtyard multifamily building in the Kenwood neighborhood of Chicago, IL. The unit mix is comprised of (12) studios and (31) 1Bdr/1Ba layouts including one (1) garden unit. Overall, the building is 60% renovated, leaving a significant value-add opportunity to update the units and increase the rental income.
The building features a 18-year-old roof, new silver coat installed in 2019, new roof flashing within the last 4 years - $17K of work, tuckpointing done in 2019, replaced several lintels, spent $30K on updating the porches so they are up to code, 75% copper plumbing, windows that are in great condition, Smith cast iron boiler installed in 2003, six (6) R&D sensors, Mighty Therm water heater that is eight (8) years old, 14 security cameras and 600 electrical amps.
Additionally, there are two (2) laundry rooms with a total of four (4) washers and (4) dryers that are 3 years old and owned. The units include steam radiator heat, Formica countertops, standard appliances, hardwood floors, tiled kitchen and bath floors, ceiling fans, and 100 amps. The property is less than a mile
to the 47th (Green) CTA “L” Station, walking distance to the 47th & Drexel CTA Bus Station and Walmart.
- 43 Unit Courtyard Multifamily Building in Kenwood
- Unit Mix: (12) Studios & (31) 1Bdr/1Ba Layouts
- 18 Year Old Roof; New Silver Coat Installed in 2019
- New Roof Flashing in 2018 – $17K of Work
- Tuckpointing Done in 2019
- 75% Copper Plumbing
- Less Than a Mile to the 47th (Green) CTA “L” Station, Walking Distance to the 47th & Drexel CTA Bus Station & Walmart