Connect Media: Landmarked Defender Building Trades in Bronzeville
CHICAGO, IL – Interra Realty arranged the $2.48-million sale of the Chicago Defender Building, a landmarked mixed-use property at 3433-35 S. Indiana Ave., in a historic section of Chicago’s Bronzeville neighborhood known as the Gap.
Built in 1899 and designed by Henry Newhouse, the property served as a synagogue before housing the Chicago Defender newspaper from 1920 to 1960. One of nine buildings in Chicago’s Black Metropolis-Bronzeville District, which was designated a Chicago Landmark in 1998, 3433-35 S. Indiana was renovated in 2016 to have one ground-floor commercial space.
Read article: Connect Media